It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: TENNIS: Agassi: If I can't compete, I won't play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A hip injury kept Andre Agassi out of Wimbledon and might also keep him from going for his ninth Grand Slam title at the U.S. Open.

"I've been a little fatigued on guessing. The jury is still out on my hip," he said Tuesday when asked how long it will take him to recover from the injury. "It's something I've struggled with on and off for a while now."

"Not playing the clay season and then going straight out to the grass compromised how it's feeling," Agassi said. "I knew I wasn't physically in a position to be anywhere near my best. I'm hoping this time off, combined with being back on the hard courts, will be a good opportunity for me to feel a lot better."

"I still have a tremendous belief that if I'm feeling good, I can play some of my best tennis," he said. "At this stage in my career, I can only think of the ultimate prize. If I don't think I'm in the hunt for that, I won't play."

source

ESPN

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that he doesn't even mention reitrement in this article. He's still got a couple years in him.

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well i heard a rumor he was going to call it a day. The injury could take a very long time to recover from, don't be surprised if he never play's again.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, he has had quite the career. He got the career grand slam, wasn't it only 1 other person who has that?

new topics

top topics

join