It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Williams blames repeated camera clicks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The caddie for Tiger Woods said he was wrong to kick over a news photographer's camera during the U.S. Open, blaming his snap decision on hearing too many clicks from too many cameras at the wrong time.

"I lost my cool," Steve Williams said Thursday in a telephone interview from the Western Open, where Woods is playing this week. "I shouldn't have done that."

Williams is a no-nonsense caddie from New Zealand who previously worked for Raymond Floyd and Greg Norman. He has been on Woods' bag for five years and their relationship is strong; he rarely mingles with anyone else -- tournament officials, fans, the media. He is, however, prone to making rash decisions when it comes to protecting his boss.

Two years ago at the Skins Game, a photographer who was not credentialed took a picture while standing some 20 feet behind Woods as he played a bunker shot. It cost Woods the final skin, and Williams took the law -- not to mention the lens -- into his own hands.

He took the man's camera and dropped it on a steep bank, allowing it to roll into a pond. Williams was fined by the PGA Tour, and Woods said he gladly paid the unspecified amount.

source

ESPN

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I like that, dropping the guy's camera in the pond! Good for him, he cost Tiger the shot!

join