It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Departing Dallas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yeah, I'd put them in the mix there in the top 4-6 in the west next year. After the Spours and Wolves, it's LA, Houston, Dallas, and Sacremento, not particularly in that order.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!:

Yeah, I'd put them in the mix there in the top 4-6 in the west next year. After the Spours and Wolves, it's LA, Houston, Dallas, and Sacremento, not particularly in that order.

I'd go with the Spurs as the clear #1 favorite. Then Kings and the Timberwolves tied. Both the Kings and the Timberwolves haven't done anything but keep their same team and the Kings lost when Webber's 3 went in and out in Game 7 at the buzzer. So I consider them even.

Then Phoenix with the new additions of Steve Nash and if they get Q. Then the lower tier would be for me, Dallas, the Lakers, the Rockets. The last 3 not in any particular order.

[Edited on 07/17/2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I thin k the T-wolves for now, but if the Spurs do pick up Malone, (and maybe Kidd?), then they'd slide into the top spot in my book.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by massivmickyd:

I don't know about that Fox, take a careful look at their line-up.

I have. It's one Superstar in Dirk and 11 other non-stars.

It's not the same, but it's pretty impressive.

Michael Finley
Jerry Stackhouse
Josh Howard
Marquis Daniels
Devin Harris
Antoine Walker

Finley's on the downside of his career. Stack is selfish. Howard, Daniels, and Harris are still too young. They just traded away Antoine for Jason Terry, a shoot first point guard and a throw-in in Henderson.

And decent role players in Bradley, Fortson, Najera and that Podkolzine guy - assuming he's all he's cracked up to be.

The T-Wolves & Spurs will be above them, but who else? The Kings possibly, the Lakers unlikely, I still think the Rockets have too weak a supporting cast and the Suns need time to gel.

I think the Timberwolves, Spurs, Kings, Suns and don't forget the Nuggets will be all above them.

I stick by what I said. Dallas isn't a Top 4 West team and I would say has as much of a chance to go to the lottery as win the title this year.

[Edited on 08/03/2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

I think the Timberwolves, Spurs, Kings, Suns and don't forget the Nuggets will be all above them.

I stick by what I said. Dallas isn't a Top 4 West team and I would say has as much of a chance to go to the lottery as win the title this year.

[Edited on 08/03/2004 by Fox Mulder]

Yes, I posted that before my heart broke and K-Mart was sent to Denver. Denver should be above Dallas. I don't think Phoenix will be ahead of them this year though. They've made a couple of important acquisitions in Q and Nash but they need to get their guard rotation set and work out how to work together as a team. No doubt they'll improve but I don't think Dallas will decline as much as you think they will.

But we can agree to disagree...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Although I do admit that would Dallas would go back to the Top 4 in my mind if they got Dampier. Ideally, to a one-year contract to motivate him.

Or Jason Kidd, if he's close to 100 percent healthy. However, I heard he had the same type of knee surgery that Webber, Jamal Mashburn, and Penny Hardaway had and that takes a long, long time to recover from.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join