It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Clemens leads pitching win chart

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Houston, TX (AP) - Roger Clemens became the first 10-game winner in baseball with seven strong innings to lead the Houston Astros to a 3-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates in the finale of a four-game series at Minute Maid Park.

Clemens (10-2) allowed two runs one earned on just four hits for Houston, which took three of four in the set and was victorious for the fourth time in five games. Clemens also struck out four and walked two batters.

Morgan Ensberg posted two hits and scored twice while Jeff Kent drove in two runs in the victory.

Sean Burnett (0-2) suffered the loss after allowing three runs on five hits in seven innings of work.

Tike Redman collected two hits and scored for the Pirates, who have dropped six of seven.

With the contest tied at 2-2 in the seventh, the Astros took the lead for good. Eric Bruntlett singled leading off and moved to second on an Adam Everett bunt. He then headed for third on a Craig Biggio grounder before Ensberg drove home the winning run with a base hit.

Dan Miceli worked around a one-out single in the eighth before Brad Lidge worked a 1-2-3 ninth for his third save.

Houston is now 7-2 against the Pirates this season.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm glad for him.

I remember a couple of years ago when he won the Cy Young with the Jays. I went to a few games when he pitched and I have never seen a more dominating pitcher when he is on. Some, like Pedro MArtinex are far more consistent, but when the rocket gets going, there is absolutly no stopping him.

new topics

join