It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Police investigate drive-by shooting of retired boxing world champion's house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - A gunman sprayed the house of retired world champion boxer Jeff Fenech with bullets before fleeing in a car, police said Friday. Nobody was hurt in the drive-by shooting.

Fenech, 40, was on his way home from a trip to the United States at the time of the shooting late Thursday night, that left seven bullet holes in his Sydney home.

Arriving home early Friday, Fenech said he did not know who could have fired the shots.

"I've no idea who did it," he said. "I just hope they can wake up to themselves. It's a crazy thing to do, they'll end up in jail doing this and they should just learn to appreciate their family and their life outside."

Fenech was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2002. He won the International Boxing Federation bantamweight title in 1985, followed by the World Boxing Council (WBC) junior featherweight crown in 1987 and the WBC featherweight title in 1988.

He retired in 1996 with a 28-3-1 record with 21 knockouts.

Earlier this year, Fenech had to undergo plastic surgery after being stabbed in the face with a broken bottle.

Fenech, who now manages several boxers, said while "somebody is not happy with me for some reason," he thought the shooting was unconnected to the January attack, for which two people have been charged.

[Edited on 22-6-2004 by Ocelot]

new topics

join