It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Colonel: WMD Could've Been Launched in 45 Minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Mmmmm..........

WMDs fired from shoulder grenade launchers!!

Mmmmmmmmmm....

And the experts in the UK questioned this and the politicians overruled it and forgot to tell everyone the were grenades and instead implied they were rockets that could reach Cyprus.

This guy is also linked to an exiled opposition group who can only gain power when Saddam had gone.

Who said there were lies,damn lies,and unbelievable porkies that are convenient to appear to believe.

Actually..

Iraqis have used RPG ROUNDs loaded with mustard gas..
(Mustard Gas really isnt what one would call as killer gas.. its more like strong tear gas, with some nasty side effects..)

But..

Even if they had RPG Rounds loaded with mustard gas, that wouldnt be anykind of treath to the world peace..

And such system dont even have anykind military significance either..
(RPO FAE rocket would be more deadly.. this is man-portable..)

So..

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Show me the weapons!!!

You know...I agree. I used to firmly on the side of him "hiding" the weapons... However, the simple fact remains... We've been in control of the country for quite some time, and still haven't found any (and even if we did, at this point, it wouldn't be believed)... So either Saddam makes Copperfield look like an amateur
or they simply weren't there anymore....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Gaz......"show me the weapons" is like those two little ole' ladies from the Wendy's commercials asking everyone to "show them the beef".....

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
See there it is again. Boo hoo, i have to show videos now to prove that America is not evil, but you can rest on your laurels without proving # and just say that they were unjustified. You are clearly stating that your opinion that America had no proof is the only possible correct opinion, and mine is wrong. And I need to show a tape? Funny. Try some of what you say for yourself.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Gazrok, you use the term "anymore" which I think is key here. How much opposition did you see from Iraq? The OFFICIAL army, Republican guard etc... not the current stuff. Answer = not as much as one would have thought. Are you dumb enough not to realize Saddam knew he wasn't going to be the victor here? Following this, are you dumb enough to think that knowing he was going to be defeated, he'd just leave things as is, and all of his stuff behind for the Coalition to find? Oh ok... good military strategising you guys have going on.

I know the cops are coming to my house, so I'm just gonna put all my semi-autos on the couch to make life easy for them when they come.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't have to prove anything!!!!

You can't prove that something does not exist.

It is for the US/UK to show they do exist.

As people have actually died I think that it is the honourable thing to do.

Is honour something you hold dear Djarums?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Honesty is. And for you to declare something to be fact without having any more proof than anyone else is not honest. I am not saying I have seen the WMD's or know where they are. You however seem to have decided it is true as gospel that there are none. I entertain the opinion that there are. All I am saying here is that an honorable person who is stating point blank that there are no WMDs in Iraq and the US war against Iraq was criminal should show some proof of how he is so positive that he's right.

That would be the honorable thing to do.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What is that you want to see?

Civilians killed by US..

CAN DO..

From where?

Vietnam, Serbia, Afganistan or Iraq?

What age group you would prefer?

From newly born to 3 years olds?

There is tens (if not hundreds..) of thousand of such killed by US by bombs, by bullets and by sanctions that were crimanal to begin with..

All in unjust/illegal wars.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think this topic will be like the "Chicken or the Egg" theory...we'll never know, and regardless it's too late

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
John, I don't mean to criticize you personally, but the same way that you say I should prove my government's war was justified, you should prove that it was not. And I would be doing myself, you, and everyone else an injustice if I was to be satisfied with "There are no WMD's because I ain't seen em."

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That is not what I am saying at all but I can see how it serves your purpose to twist it in that way.

You can not prove something is not there.FACT.

You can prove that something IS there.FACT.

So where are the weapons.The entire country has been occupied for 9 months.Troops crawling over the place.The burden of proof is on you and everyone who insisted there were weapons to justify an illegal war.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Uninen, what the # are you talking about. Stick to the topic please. I'm currently debating something with John. And I don't think the topic is "horrible injustices perpetrated by America in Uninen's history books.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Uninen, what the # are you talking about. Stick to the topic please. I'm currently debating something with John. And I don't think the topic is "horrible injustices perpetrated by America in Uninen's history books.

You wanted us to prove that US is evil.

I just did.

And the name is FULCRUM you r*tard!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Gazrok, you use the term "anymore" which I think is key here. How much opposition did you see from Iraq? The OFFICIAL army, Republican guard etc... not the current stuff. Answer = not as much as one would have thought. Are you dumb enough not to realize Saddam knew he wasn't going to be the victor here? Following this, are you dumb enough to think that knowing he was going to be defeated, he'd just leave things as is, and all of his stuff behind for the Coalition to find? Oh ok... good military strategising you guys have going on.

It's not as simple as all of that. I still have a problem believing that he could simply move EVERY SINGLE TRACE of WMD's... Simply put...they aren't that good. Their intelligence service was lousy, their ability to clandestinely move materials out of Iraq almost non-existent, etc. The reason for their lack of fighting back is obvious, especially from a strategic standpoint... The US and the "coalition", simply DESTROYED their desire and ability to make war. It's hard to fight back, when you haven't gotten a paycheck in weeks, you have no contact from your C&C center, and you don't know the enemy is coming till you hear the shells!!!
No need to lecture me on strategy or logistics....nor intelligence operations... I don't want to have the viewpoint I have on this...but logic forces it upon me....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Re Gazrok.Especially when these grenades were shipped in cases all across the battlefront as this colonel claims.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Everyone is so afraid that the US will start WWIII and all their nice compact and neat lives will be disturbed.

Well folks I got news for ya,

Both God and Satan have decided it is time to shake things up on the ole' blue marble.

If you doubt look at the desparate fight over this, a non-event. What will they do when it is serious business?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Personally, if I had my way we wouldn't have gone in there to begin with. If it were up to me we would have none of our kids in Iraq or Afghanistan with people taking potshots at them and having them sent home in bodybags. Contrary to what some on here may believe, I really don't want war to be going on.

However, for various reasons, we were attacked and did nothing about it. For the first time America got punched in the face hard. When the government believes that someone has the equipment to hit us again, preventative measures are considered. This wasn't a random opponent they picked, John. It's not like Bush went out and said "Those evil bastards in Tahiti are aiming nukes at us." This was a maniac who had the weapons before (witnessed numerous times in use against his own citizens). So what would you have had America do? Wait until something blew off choking everyone in America? That's the job of the government to prevent isn't it?
Everyone accused America of falling asleep at the wheel on 9/11 for letting it happen. But then if they do something to prevent it, they get reamed again...

Hard situation isn't it?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank you "Fulcrum" (i used the old name because it was through all the nazi jokes that i had fondly remembered you) for proving in your few lines that the United States of America is evil. We can all go home now.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.I think that is excepted now by most people yet it is a myth which continues to do the rounds.

Afghanistan,fine.That is why the USA had world support for action there.Iraq,Nope!No dice.No connection except in the minds of people that have been watching far too much FOX.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just to clarify...I'm not saying we shouldn't have gone in... I still agree with that... But I'm disagreeing with the WMD claim... It was a crock, and it put egg on our international faces... If Bush had been a better diplomat, we could have accomplished the same goal, and with most of the world's support...but no, he had to go about it like a bull in a china shop... If he was really his daddy's son, he would have had some covert ops teams go in and plant some damned WMD to find...if he was going to try and use that as an impetus for war... If it's one thing I hate more than inept leaders....it's when the son of a former CIA director can't intel himself out of a frickin' paper bag.... He's waging a covert war in broad daylight....what a dumbass!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join