It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Harrison set for Bonin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Audley Harrison will have a big height and weight advantage over Poland's Tomasz Boning when he defends his WBF heavyweight title at Alexandra Palace.

And the Briton vowed to bring his bulk to bear on Saturday to overshadow his contract difficulties outside the ring.

The Bonin fight is the last in his BBC deal and Harrison is trying to set up a clash with British holder Matt Skelton.

"There is a lot going on and the fact I'm in the greatest condition of my life shows you my character," he said.

"It hasn't affect my training. My ethos is that if you have got something on the table it's in your best interests to clear that stuff off the table rather than let it pile up.

"Despite what is going on outside the ring, you are still going to see Audley Harrison perform to his potential.

"The most important thing is the boxing."

Unbeaten Bonin talked up his hopes ahead of the London fight.

"I'm looking forward to meeting - and smashing - Harrison," he said.

"Audley has made huge progress since he went to the Olympics and he has a very good background.

"He has been well coached and has a good reputation but I'll beat him the same way I've been winning in Poland."

Story from BBC SPORT:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Published: 2004/06/19 02:27:10 GMT

© BBC MMIV

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Audley Harrison will hold nearly all the aces when he makes his BBC boxing farewell against Poland's Tomasz Bonin at London's Alexandra Palace tonight.

Harrison, at 6ft 6ins, is five inches taller than the Pole, carries a 10lb weight advantage at 17st 7lbs and is the Olympic super-heavyweight champion from Sydney 2000 where Bonin failed to qualify before embarking on a professional career.

The 29-year-old Pole's only pull is in ring experience. He had 158 amateur contests - losing 38 - to Harrison's 60-odd and has won all 26 as a pro, 10 more than the holder of the lightly-regarded WBF title.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

new topics

join