It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

list of devil names

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The god or lord of enlightenment or illumination.
grand architect.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have honestly believed that from the day I have seen him....that David Blaine is the devil...I know that alot of his tricks have been de-bunked...but good God he puts on a heck of a show!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by levis 501

According to THe Book of Enoch here is a list of the cheif fallen angels.

Semjâzâ
Arâkîba
Râmêêl
Kôkabîêl
Tâmîêl
Râmîêl
Dânêl
Êzêqêêl
Barâqîjâl
Asâêl
Armârôs
Batârêl
Anânêl
Zaqîêl
Samsâpêêl
Satarêl
Tûrêl
Jômjâêl
Sariêl
Azâzêl

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Isn't Barack Obama also a devil name? If not...we need to add it to the list!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by levis 501
hey i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site that has a list of devil names, im just wanting to read on it cause i was watching pop up videos and saw thast incubus was the name of a devil that rapes sleeping people and wanted to read upon other devils

Come on, let's be honest Lou, you're scouting for 70's images
of naked witchcraft mamas wandering around in Shepherds Bush
with... well, you were there... you know what you said.

Incubus is always portrayed as a evil demon, heck... if some
chick came into my room and........... (lost signal)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
... snapped off so I had to go the Doctor and get him to
pull it out!
Sheesh, sorry about that, damn modem. (All lines are currently
down and I can't believe you forgot about the magazine!)

I think it would be words of wisdom, if we steered clear of all
that 'devil' stuff. Look what happened to Linda Blair... Tony's
neice.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by IronMan]

[edit on 13-1-2009 by IronMan]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sorry but, Bea Arthur? Why???

I also disagree with Pan. Not really ruler of the underworld or the devil, just kind of a mean jokester. Maybe inspired by images of him, but, not quite.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Rosie Odonell

[edit on 1/13/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
does any one no if the name jake or jacob relate to the devil at all

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by levis 501

I know, what took me so long? I just joined, so I am only now reading your post. It seems like you moved on, so, in case anybody else wants to know, any demonology or demonolatry website can give you, not just a list of names, but also, their ranks, titles, powers, number of legions at their command, and even rituals, and equiptment for summoning them, and how you can force them to do your bidding, what precautions to take, etc... I am not a devil worshiper, but I did research the subject, because I am trying to write a book (fiction). Good luck.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Lilith only mentioned 1ce is the youngest, there are many devils
like Ael(abaddon), angel of the Abyss.
Devils ware once Angels that fell from the sky

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The proplem with names for the great evil one is the corruption and bastardization of diffrent cultures names for diffrent things thoughout history.
The hebrew name Satan, comes from " הַשָׂטָן " or "ha-Satan" and is the title of various entities, both human and divine, who challenge the faith of humans in the Hebrew Bible. As Christianity grabbed hold of the name he became the chief of the fallen angels.
Islam use's a similar name for the Devil but it is Shayṭan, and he was a jinn.

The word Devil is a later version of an old english word "deofol" which is also derived from the latin word diabolus.
which means " slanderer"

Lucifer another common name used for the devil is also not really an evil name, just later used in that context because it was worshiped by others who didnt follow the romans idea of christianity so it was termed to be the same as the devil to make peole ignore and turn away from it.

lucifer comes from the latin " lucem ferre" and related to the light bearer, which was related to the planet venus, which was worshiped as a goddess of love and beauty.

Baphomet also used to symbolize the devil is an imagined christian version of a pagan deity. Most modern interpratations think it is a version of Muhammad and was used to defame the templer knights during trials.

Which brings me to Beelzebub, often thought of as the king of hell, but in reality he is nothing more then a prince of said place.
Originally the name of a Philistine god he is mentioned in the bible ""Go inquire of Baal-zebub, the god of Ekron" in 2 Kings 1:2-3, 6, 16
So basicly the names for any evil creature or deaity changes with how you percive religion, if you pagan its more likely that every thing has a good and evil side so to speak.
If your christian then your views will be more polarized with evil on one hand and good on the other..
History (his story...) has a way of only really telling the victors side of things and the rest just tends to get melded into a new container that suits the telling of the story..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RANT

Wow, man. Time to try girls with names NOT beginning with a J?

Back to subject: Dunno if there is a good list of names for the devil, but if you want names of demons you could always check out The Satanic Bible by LaVey. I think I remember that he was keen on listing those.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes her name was lilith and that inserted text just made many pagans angry! lol
you see, Adam didn't reject her, she refused to have sex with Adam because he thought that as a male, he should always be on top, so Lilith ran from paradise and found home with the demons with who she had many offspring, in some myth, the sucubi....

Lilith is my personal hero and she's not a demon at all, she's a godess! :p
havent searched for an online source, but that's how it's written in many books in my library...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

yes, the morning star is Venus,
also Lucifer, the light bringer

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Don't forget that fallen angels are primarily found in Abrahamic texts, so therefore Lilith will be considered a witch/demonbearer for her consortion with other fallen beings.

either way, sex positions is not why Lilith was rejected. Her failure to submit as a proper wife to Adam in all aspects, was cause for rejection.

I don't necessarily agree with this, but it is what is taught. Sex is sex, and its like pizza, even when its bad, its not all that bad. LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

Yes her name was lilith and that inserted text just made many pagans angry! lol
you see, Adam didn't reject her, she refused to have sex with Adam because he thought that as a male, he should always be on top, so Lilith ran from paradise and found home with the demons with who she had many offspring, in some myth, the sucubi....

Lilith is my personal hero and she's not a demon at all, she's a godess! :p
havent searched for an online source, but that's how it's written in many books in my library...

That assumption always gets my heckles up too tbh.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

first of all, lilith has nothing to do with the fallen angels.

I could write a hundred pages on her....
but the texts out off the 'alphabet of Ben Sira' is my favorite:

"While God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone'. He also created a woman, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith immediately began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while I am to be the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other in as much as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air. Adam stood in prayer before his Creator: 'Sovereign of the universe!' he said, 'the woman you gave me has run away.' At once, the Holy One, blessed be He, sent these three angels to bring her back.
"Said the Holy One to Adam, 'If she agrees to come back, what is made is good. If not, she must permit one hundred of her children to die every day.' The angels left God and pursued Lilith, whom they overtook in the midst of the sea, in the mighty waters wherein the Egyptians were destined to drown. They told her God's word, but she did not wish to return. The angels said, 'We shall drown you in the sea.'
"'Leave me!' she said. 'I was created only to cause sickness to infants. If the infant is male, I have dominion over him for eight days after his birth, and if female, for twenty days.'
"When the angels heard Lilith's words, they insisted she go back. But she swore to them by the name of the living and eternal God: 'Whenever I see you or your names or your forms in an amulet, I will have no power over that infant.' She also agreed to have one hundred of her children die every day. Accordingly, every day one hundred demons perish, and for the same reason, we write the angels names on the amulets of young children. When Lilith sees their names, she remembers her oath, and the child recovers."

so you see, she was not a bad wife.....to say that is to say that a good wife should be submissive to her husband and the husband is allowed to be dominant.

In other texts Lillith is described as a semi-godess of the night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join