It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Boy will get foul ball from man who knocked him aside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The Texas Rangers baseball fan who prompted a public outcry when he knocked aside a 4-year-old to get a foul ball now says he will give the ball to the youngster.

story link
Matt Starr also has agreed to send a letter of apology to the family of Nick O'Brien and buy his family tickets to future Rangers games, club official John Blake said Wednesday.

I saaw this on the highlights last night. This friggin idiot nearly knocked the kids head off jumping into the row ahead of him to get this ball. Then the TV crew and annoucers were trying to make a deal with him to give the kid the ball, and he still wouldn't give it to the kid. What a moron!

Ben

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
why in the world would somebody knock a kid away for just a foul ball?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't think he meant to really. It was all instinct, get the ball

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
But he refused to give the ball to the boy afterward, and didn't apologize. I'm glad they showed it last night, let the world know how much of an a$$ this guy is.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I haven't seen it yet. Does anybody have a link to a video of it or something

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Stuff like this happens all the time, but this jerk got caught on tv...harming a child just because he wants to catch a baseball?

I'm glad the kid got the ball back (plus during the game he got a baseball bat and some balls from the team), and that man is lucky he didn't injure the boy.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You can get to it from here -

ESPN video link

top topics

join