It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Rivers or Brees

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There are 3 top QB's in San Diego all competeing for one roll and thats the starting sport, there are the top top contendors which are Rivers (rookie, 1st round pick) or Brees (4 wins in 20 starts).

Both Qb's have strengths and their weakness but what does that mean to a team that doesnt win? Sure they have the top RB in LD, who can lead their team, but the sport is the QB to win. The head coach of the chargers stated that "Rivers will be the starting QB if he can equal or exceed the expectations of Brees." As it stands Brees is that starter and Rivers is keeping the bench warm. But is he?

Rivers has shown great progress in his weeks in training camp, the side arm QB, could land the starting role if his progression continues.

LD stated after practice, "that this guy is going to be good, he went up to the line and pointed to be to do this and to that, and to go here and there, he then dropped back when through his progression and released the ball really fast."

Could this mean that Rivers could land this starting roll. If i were the chargers coach i would sit rivers for the first 5 games. Then see if he is ready. You dont want to put that much pressure on a starting QB, when he has zero experience you want him to get the feel for the game and no get his head taken off by a head hunter of a line backer.

[Edited on 6/15/2004 by Ben]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'd still give Brees the shot, maybe this year he lives up to his potential.

new topics

join