It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Mike Tyson could soon fight in Louisville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Louisville Boxing promoters say they may be only days, if not hours, away -- from announcing Mike Tyson will fight in Louisville. The fight would be at the end of July at Freedom Hall.

Louisville promoters say it would be the culmination a year's worth of work.

Chris Webb of Straight Up Productions tells Fox 41's Derek Scott, "Mike Tyson is very committed right now. He's in camp, he's up at 5:00 every morning. He does his running, from there, he goes to the weightlifting gym. From the weightlifing gym he goes to the boxing gym. Mike Tyson has one thing on his mind, and that's to become heavyweight champ of the world again. Mike Tyson does want to fight in Louisville,and he has wanted to fight here for some time now."

Webb's effort included a visit from Iron Mike last summer. Now, Webb says Tyson is only a few dotted I's and crossed T's away from coming back to fight.

Webb says he and other Louisville officials are finalizing a contract with the Tyson camp. It calls for a July 30th bout at Freedom Hall. Webb says the only things in the way are minor details both sides are confident they can work out soon.

Though Tyson's managers were not available for comment, the Kentucky Fair Board tells Fox 41 News it is holding Freedom Hall open for July 30th for a Tyson fight.

Source:www.fox41.com...

Ben

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
is this good or bad for boxing?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
is this good or bad for boxing?

Everytime Mike fights its a spectacle. But I think its sad that Mike will likely fight a couple more easy fights just to make some money since the guy is basically bankrupt.

In my opinion Mike should have retired after being KTFO'd by Lennox Lewis.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In other news, boxers are now required to wear earmuffs when fighting Tyson

top topics

join