It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Ex-Bengal Dillon happy to be on winning team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
FOXBORO, Mass. -- Corey Dillon came to the New England Patriots to be surrounded by the trappings of success. When his teammates collect their Super Bowl rings, though, he won't be there.

He wants to earn an invitation first.

"Why would I go?" he said Friday. "That's something for them."

Maybe next year Dillon will be able to claim a ring of his own, but for now he's doing what he can to earn one. The first step was to come to the defending Super Bowl champions in a trade he helped force by making himself unwelcome with his old team.

The Cincinnati Bengals traded Dillon -- on Patriots Day -- to New England for a second-round pick. He was able to convince the Patriots' brass that he wasn't a malcontent. He was just unhappy playing for a team that hadn't made the playoffs or even posted a winning record since 1990, despite adding the record-breaking running back in 1997.

"Seven years of not winning is a long time," Dillon said at minicamp this week. "(The Patriots) got to know me. They figured out that I'm legit and a good guy. ... I just wanted to be part of an organization that thrives on winning, and winning is everything. And I'm here, and I'm in a good situation and I like it."

story link - CBS

new topics

join