It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OLYMPICS: Athens main stadium roof is complete

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Never say never again. It should be the mantra of the Athens Olympic Organisers and the Greek government.

The Greek athletics championships are a test-run for the Olympics. They have endured years of criticism that the sports venues and new transport systems would never be ready in time for the opening ceremony of the Athens Olympics on 13 August.

But now, at the eleventh hour, it seems Greece is beginning to confound its critics.

The roof to Athens' main Olympic stadium was completed on Friday with slightly more than two months to go until the opening ceremony. Engineers have completed the 60-metre slide of the second half of the arched roof, which began on Thursday afternoon 10 days later than expected.

The first half was finished in May after a slide which lasted four days.

The International Olympic Committee has had worries about delays, with the Games scheduled to begin on 13 August.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Great, now get off the backs of the Greeks, and have a good time at the games!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Is it just me or are you really able to get up for these Olympics? Normally, I can't wait, for some reason, I'm just not pumped for them.

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well to be honest there hasn't been that much of a build up, its mainly been negative stuff due to the greeks getting behind. But they seem to have got over that now and are full steam ahead. Yea i usually watch it and i feel the same. When it starts i will be ok...

[Edited on 13/6/04 by TRD]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I agree with you both, I haven't been getting excited much this time around. Mustbe the negative remarks being made about Greece.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Usually by now you see tons of ads on Tv and everything, but I think I haven't seen 1 yet. Pretty Pathetic

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I also think that since the switch to the alternating years for winter and summer games, we're getting sort of Olympic'd out. It used to be that the competitions were only every 4 years, and there was anticipation. Now it's like "ho-hum, yeah, the Olympics are here again this year."

top topics

join