It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: The 40th President of the United States, Ronald Reagan, has passed away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan, one of the most popular presidents ever to lead the United States has passed away at the age of 93. Known for being the president of the US and an actor, Reagan got his start being a sports announcer. He was also a star football player at Eureka College.

Man of the Week
Biography
Ronald Reagan earned his B.A. from Eureka College in 1932. After college he set out to find a job as a radio announcer. He tried out for a job announcing football games in Davenport. Iowa. The talented Reagan was quick to land the job. This then led him to work at WHO in Des Moines. By the time he was 25, Regan was one of the top sports announcers in the mid-west.

Comments:
This is a sad day in American History. Though to survive till 93, the longest living President in history. Even though I am sad, we need to celebrate what he did for the world and for the US.

Rest In Peace Mr President.

[Edited on 5/6/04 by TRD]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Time will tell yet whether he was a great president or not. I found it appalling, though, that there is an aircraft carrier named after him. This is an honor typically bestowed on those who have served the USA and have passed on. Seemed a bit preposterous to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
More Gipper sports connections.

ESPN.com news services

top topics

join