It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: England Thrash Iceland 6-1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
England got their preperations for the forth-coming Euro 2004 competition off to a flying start today after thrashing a stale Iceland 6-1. Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney (twice), Darias Vassel (twice) and Wayne Bridge were all on target.

"Everton starlet Wayne Rooney was the star of the show netting twice in the first half, including a long-range stunner, with Frank Lampard opening the scoring and Heidar Helguson netting for the visitors.

Sven Goran Eriksson made a host of changes after the break, and it was substitute Darius Vassell, who scored twice, and fellow reserve Wayne Bridge who added to England's first half tally.

The Three Lions started well in their last run out against Japan, but faded and only drew with the Far East opponents, but this time out the home side built on a solid opening to the match."

SkySports

It seems Sven dropped the crazy diamond formation of the last match and went for a straight out 4-4-2. It still has to be said though that playing Gerrard out on the left to accomodate Lampard or Scholes is crazy. If you have the best centre midfielder in the world at your disposal you play him in that position, otherwise he is completely waisted.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by John Nada]

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well that is a improvement from the game against Japan. Good to see them score a few goals for a change. I think thats our biggest win since Germany 5-1, that seems like many moons ago now. Well i shall be settling down later with a few beers and catching the highlights.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Good result in the build up for the Euro's and they scored some good goals. Rooney hit a couple of crackers. I expect them to go a long way, maybe even win it.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
iceland is one place that i always wanted to visit....seriously

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well i havn't a clue what it is like i have never been there. Cold i expect.!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
from what i have read all their power comes from underground geo thermal sources, all their houses are heated with the hot water, lots of salmon fishing and the women are all blondes

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well that dosn't sound too bad then. Salmon fishing and blondes. LOL ghow come we talk about sport and it ends up with women lol!

top topics

join