It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Henry attends Bills minicamp after teammates give him call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Travis Henry was back practicing with the Buffalo Bills this week after missing the previous week's session while working out on his own.

The change of mind came after the starting running back was coaxed back by his teammates.

"I got a couple of guys that called me and that's all it really took," Henry said Friday after the Bills wrapped up the second of four scheduled minicamp sessions.

"They really didn't have to say too much, just that I needed to be here, the whole team was here, and everybody's trying to get on the same page."

Henry, who had been working out with his personal trainer in Orlando, Fla., said his absence was not a sign that he was unhappy.

"Like they say, they're voluntary, but they're not. So we all have to be here it seems," said Henry. He said he plans to attend the Bills final two sessions, which wrap up June 16.

Under the NFL's labor agreement, player attendance is not mandatory for spring minicamp sessions. Yet, most players around the league attend the camps, in part to make a good impression on their coaches.

The spring sessions also have grown in importance for coaches, who use the time to get accustomed to new players and begin installing new plays to get a jump on the start of training camp.

AP NEWS

Story source

CBS

[Edited on 6/5/2004 by Ben]

join