It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Stewart begins new career with Ravens

page: 1

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:03 AM
OWINGS MILLS, MD. -- Kordell Stewart has won eight of the nine games he has started against the Baltimore Ravens and is 5-0 in Baltimore.

Now he's on the other side.

Stewart signed a one-year deal for the $760,000 veteran minimum and took to the practice field with the team he and his former Pittsburgh Steeler teammates have battled for a division title for a decade.

The 6-foot-1, 218-pounder will wear his familiar jersey number 10 for the Ravens, who host Pittsburgh in their home opener in Week Two on September 19.

"It's a little strange," Stewart said of his signing by Baltimore after one season in Chicago.

"For the first 20 minutes, it was strange. But as time goes on, you just say it's football with a different uniform. I always liked the uniform, but I hated it when I played against them."

Stewart participated in a few drills but did not take part in the seven-on-seven practices, instead conferring with offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh and backup Anthony Wright, who has been lost for at least half the season with a shoulder injury.

Stewart is expected to start full practices when the Ravens' veteran camp begins Monday. He is coming off a one-year stint in Chicago in which he threw just seven touchdown passes and 12 interceptions.

Story source

[Edited on 6/5/2004 by Ben]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:03 PM
Hahaaha...Kiss the Ravens season goodbye. Never did like Stewart...way overrated.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
He seems to have one good game then three bad ones. I don't know what it is about him. Maybe he might do better at the Ravens who knows?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:50 AM
I have always felt the Steelers screwed him. And he doesn't even know it. When Stewart 1st came in to pro football,he should have been reading the clipboard,learning the plays and practicing as a quarterback. Instead he got caught in all the "slash" stuff. And lost out on all the quaterback practice.
His head also got big. Being "slash was easy,they were trick plays that no one expected,so of course he picked up huge gains and td's. But when it came to playing his position game after game, he could not handle the pressure.
Just my opinions of course.

top topics