It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Former NHL Enforcer Probert Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Proverbial tough guy Bob Probert could not outclass Florida's Finest. Probert known for his toughness on the ice was doing everything wrong off the ice. This is not the first time he has been arrested, and there is no mention of drugs or alcohol yet. Probert played 17 seasons, some with the Blackhawks and some with the Red Wings.

Associated Press
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Former NHL enforcer Bob Probert was arrested Friday in Delray Beach after a scuffle with police that led to him being shocked with a Taser gun.

Police officers first spotted Probert just before 1 a.m. when he parked his vehicle pointing in the wrong direction on a downtown side street and began hanging out of his window to yell at several men.

Four officers intervened when Probert got out of the car and tried to start a fight with one of the men, according to a report. He then fought with the officers and refused their orders to drop to the ground, the report said.

Comments:
Tough guys should leave it on the ice. Why do they always try to start fights on the street? I don't get it. Its sad that this sorta thing happens, gives a bad name to the sport.

[Edited on 4/6/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
He must have put up a struggle to get a zap with a stun gun thing. Funny how it says no drugs or alchol been mentioned. They alway's seem to be the main reasons.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Probert was one mean fighter back in his day, I saw him maul many an opponent. I still remember his rivalries with Joey Kocur and Stu Grimson, the Grim Reaper.

I think causing trouble is just in some people's blood, but drugs and/or alcohol dont help. Probert was suspended a few times by the NHL for coc aine-related problems.

I did enjoy watching Bob play, not only was he as mean as they come but he had a little talent as well.

Probert vs Darren Langdon

Wow, here's an old pic. Probert on the RedWings and Tie Domi on the Rangers.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Laf, did Probie have something against the Rangers?

Interesting alias on his booking docs, The Bad One. Someone has a big head.

I am guessing he was one something. But still no word on it.

new topics

top topics

join