It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: Henman beaten in semi's

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Tim Henman has been beaten in four sets by tournament favourite Guillermo Coria at Roland Garros. Coria will now play fellow Argentine Gaston Gaudio in Sunday's final.

Tim Henman's much-anticipated French Open semi-final clash with Guillermo Coria got under way after a slight rain delay this afternoon. The players managed to complete their warm-up before the rain began to fall just as the match was about to start.

However, they were back in the locker room just 10 minutes before the match was able to begin. The players knew the eventual winner would play Gaston Gaudio in the final. He had earlier beaten David Nalbandian.

The Briton raised hopes of a momentous upset when he took the first set, and led 4-2 in the second. But Coria's fighting spirit saw him break back and he then turned the screw, winning the next 13 games.

However, Henman lifted himself to recover from 0-3 down in the fourth and served for the set, but Coria fought back again to win 3-6 6-4 6-0 7-5.

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Awh timmy, this was a great start to a new step in the right direction for him.

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yea i watched the game and the 2nd and 3rd sets he lost his way. He came on strong in the 4th and came back from 3-0 down. I thought henman was going to take him to a tie breaker 5 set but he couldn't sustain his form. Thing is he will take a lot from this tournament and hopefully he will get better.

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
its not a tourney that i picture him wining, with the clay courter being able to go for 5 or 6 hours without getting tired. His game the server and volley just doens't work agaisnt everybody on clay.

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yea i see what you are saying but he had every chance to take it to a 5th set and who knows what would have happened.

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i didnt catch it unfortuantly
....maybe he can build on this confidence

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yea lets hope so..

It was a good match, thing is i wasn't that impressed with Coria's serve it was a bit weak and when he was under pressure he kinda went to pieces. So a much better player on the clay will give him a real hard time.

new topics

top topics

join