It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Panthers extend Fox's contract

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- John Fox signed a three-year contract extension with the Carolina Panthers on Thursday after leading the team to the Super Bowl in his second year as its head coach.

Fox's agent Bob Lamonte said the final two years of the coach's original four-year, $4 million contract were essentially torn up and replaced by a new five-year deal that runs through the 2008 season.

"The man that we thought was going to lead us in the right direction has proven to be the right guy," Panthers team president Mark Richardson said of Fox, who is 21-15 record in his first two years as head coach.

Financial terms of the new deal were not released.

Last year, Fox joined Vince Lombardi and Bill Parcells as the only coaches in league history to take a team from a one-win season to the playoffs in just two years. The Panthers lost to the New England Patriots 32-29 on a last second field goal by Adam Vinatieri in the Super Bowl in February.

"I think it was a very, very gracious gesture by the Richardson family," Fox said. "It was something that didn't have to be done."

AP NEWS

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Very good for Fox and the Panthers organisation. But things will be different this year, they now have a target on them. I wouldn't even put them in first in thier division right now.

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
most teams ahve a horrible season after making the super bowl, could the panthers be one of them?

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well everyone will be gunning for them after last season. They may well do ok i don't see why not. It's the same player's and as long as they keep diciplined they could do well again.

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
idid they pick up anybody good this off-season?

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm not to sure who they got. Someone might know..

Ben

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i think as though they have been very quiet this off-season

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't remember hearing thier name mentioned that much this off-season, other than talk of releasing Muhammed.

new topics

top topics

join