It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Chavez out with broken hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
OAKLAND -- A's third baseman Eric Chavez, a three-time Gold Glove winner who ranks second in the American League with 13 home runs and leads Oakland with 35 RBIs, told MLB.com early Wednesday morning that he has a broken right hand and will miss "at least" three weeks.

Sent to an Alameda, Calif., hospital for X-rays after being hit by a pitch from White Sox southpaw Damaso Marte in the 11th inning of Oakland's 6-4 win Tuesday, Chavez, 26, went home knowing that he'll be going on the disabled list for the second time in his six-year career.

"I thought it was going to be fine," Chavez said by phone, two hours after the game ended. "It didn't swell up too bad because after I came out of the game we got some ice on it, so I wasn't too worried about it. I mean, I knew I wasn't going to be able to play [Wednesday] because there's no way I could grip a bat, but I thought maybe I'd be out a couple of days at the most.

"Obviously I was wrong."

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL STORY

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Shoot I had him on a fantasy team too!

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is bad news for us, Chavez has been playing real well and we will miss him badly.

join