It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Ravens wait on Kordell Stewart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
NFL.com wire reports

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (June 2, 2004) -- The Baltimore Ravens have offered Kordell Stewart a one-year contract and hope to have the veteran quarterback in next week's minicamp.

Stewart would replace the injured Anthony Wright as the backup to Kyle Boller. The Ravens wanted Stewart to participate in the two-day passing camp that began Wednesday, but he probably will take a few days to consider the offer.

Stewart visited the Ravens training complex and left a positive impression on offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh.

"I think he's hungry, and I think he's appreciative of the opportunity," Cavanaugh said. "If it does come to fruition, then I'll think we have what we wanted: A quality veteran backup that can help tutor Kyle and be ready to come off the bench if we need him."

The two-day passing camp was hastily added to the Ravens' offseason regimen and was optional for veterans.

"It would have been nice to have Kordell here," Cavanaugh said, "but he'll get caught up in plenty of time."

Stewart played in eight years with the division rival Pittsburgh Steelers before enduring one rocky season in Chicago last year. If nothing else, he knows the Ravens -- and the Ravens know him.

"He's excited about being on a team he knows well and has played against. He sees the passion we play with, and that appeals to him," Cavanaugh said.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It would be great to see him used as Slash, like the old days. Do you think he still has it in him?

Ben

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
he still has it in him i think he just needs a good team to be in to show case his skills

new topics

join