It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: Henman battles back to make the Quarter Finals

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It was all action as ninth seed Tim Henman took on French wild card Michael Llodra in the fourth round of the French Open. Tim Henman made a disappointing start in his bid to reach a Grand Slam quarter-final for the first time outside Wimbledon when he lost the first set of his fourth round match at the French Open against Michael Lodra on a tie-break.

British number one Tim Henman fought back from two sets to love down against Frenchman Michael Llodra to take the win 9-7 in the fifth set at Roland Garros on Sunday. Finally taking the match 6-7 4-6 6-4 6-2 9-7 to reach quarter finals of the French Open.

Henman had lost the first two sets, but repeated his first-round heroics and battled back to force a decider. He again looked nervous when he delivered three double faults at 4-5 and was forced to save a match point with an inspired pass. But he finally broke at 7-7 and held his nerve to seal a remarkable win.

Henman will next face Juan Ignacio Chela in the last eight and he is the first British man to reach the last eight at Roland Garros since Roger Taylor in 1973.

[Edited on 30/5/04 by TRD]

Ben

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How in the world is Henman playing so well on the clay courts? He barely plays well at times on the hard courts, and now he is ripping people apart on the clay, what is going on?

Whatever is going on, i will tell you one thing British fans are pretty exictied right now.

TRD

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well i watched the match and he did struggle a bit. It was only sheer grit and determination that got him through. As for his form on clay i guess there is plenty of surprised people out there wondering what is going on. With alot of the early favourites out he has half a chance to make it to the final.

new topics

join