It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Skelton lines up Mirovic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
(BBC SPORTS) - British and Commonwealth champion Matt Skelton will next fight Croatian "Big" Bob Mirovic on 5 June at York Hall.

The Bedford heavyweight has stopped 12 of his 13 opponents, winning his titles against Michael Sprott in April.

"My confidence is sky high and I'm never out of the gym so I'm happy to be fighting so soon and keeping busy with regular bouts," said Skelton.

"Mirovic is a big bloke and can punch hard so I'm really looking forward to testing myself against him."

The 6ft 5in Croatian is based in Australia and holds the Australian heavyweight title.

The Skelton camp, promoted by Frank Warren, has had a public spat with WBF champion Audley Harrison, who had expressed interest in a showdown for the British and Commonwealth belts.

Chief support on the York Hall card is the rematch between Graham Earl and Bobby Vanzie for the British lightweight belt.

Story from BBC SPORT:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Published: 2004/05/26 06:52:52 GMT

© BBC MMIV

TRD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm quitely impressed with Skelton. He did a number on Sprott to take the British and Commonwealth titles and he is looking pretty good after converting to boxing from K-1 martial arts nearlt two years ago. Sprott took Danny Williams' belts in January so beating him was a great result. As for Mirovic i think he will beat him and could be challenging for a world title soon enough.

new topics

join