It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Freddy Adu graduates from high school at age 14

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
14 year old soccer phenom Freddy Adu graduated today from high school ate the age of 14!

espn story link
As if a major soccer contract weren't enough, Freddy Adu now has something else to make fellow 14-year-olds envious: a high school diploma.Is there anything that this kid can't do? That is prety amazing, to have a High School diploma and a maojor league contract, all before he is old enough to drive!

[Edited on 5/21/2004 by crayon]

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This kid is ureal 14 yrs old and the way he play's. He is going to be some player as long as he doesn't get burnout. I expect alot of major clubs are monitoring his progress.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It will be neat if he creates a stir in the US for soccer. With all of the children that have grown up playingsoccer over the last 15 yearss or so, I expect it to start really taking off here shortly.

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
He has already created a stir. He has some badazz sponsorship deal worth millions already. He is going to be the next soccer superstar across the globe and as i said watch out for one of the top European clubs to come and sign him.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
That wouldn't be surprising, but that would be bad for the sport here in the US. I think for the sprot to really take off over here, we need a home-grown star to carry the passion of all those kids the soccer moms haul to games, there is no reason that itshould be as popular as the 4 major sports within 5 years or so...

top topics

join