It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Abelyan hits back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
(BBC Sports) - William Abelyan has vowed to shut Scott Harrison's mouth when he fights the WBO featherweight champion on 19 June at Glasgow's Braehead Arena.

The Armenian is upset by Harrison's prediction that he is going to deliver a "hammering".

"Harrison's got a big mouth and I'm going to shut it for him," said the WBO mandatory challenger.

"He's scared, that's why he's talking big - but we'll see if he talks just as big when he's face to face with me."

The 25-year-old southpaw claims his training has not been disrupted despite the second postponement of the fight following Harrison's bicep injury.

"I'm ready to fight Harrison right now. I have never been up for a fight more than this one," said Abelyan.

Originally from Yerevan in Armenia, Abelyan (23-4-1,12 KOs) moved to America when he was nine and now lives in California.

"It's the world title and the fame I want - not the money. After I win the title I will return to Armenia a hero.

"I have never been back since I moved to America because I wanted to achieve something spectacular before I returned. I will be the first World champion boxer to ever come out of the country.

"The boxing ring is my house and Harrison is not welcome."

© BBC MMIV

new topics

join