It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Mitchell to double-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
(BBC Sports) - Dagenham featherweight starlet Kevin Mitchell is to fight twice in one week as he continues to blaze through his first year as a professional.

The 19-year-old features on the undercard of British and Commonwealth heavyweight Champion Matt Skelton at London's York Hall on 5 June.

And the following Saturday he will appear on the Joe Calzaghe-Ricky Hatton double-bill at Manchester's MEN Arena.

"I'll be fit and ready for both shows," said the 2003 ABA champion.

Last Thursday at the York Hall, Mitchell took his record to 7-0 with a first-round stoppage of Frenchman Slimane Kebaile - his fifth first-round win.

And "Mighty" Mitchell, who won last year's ABA featherweight title in his first attempt in the senior ranks, is unphased at his latest challenge.

"In the amateurs I'd sometimes box twice on the same night and this is just another test for me as a professional.

"Joe and Ricky are big heroes of mine so I'm looking forward to this show the most. It would have been an honour to box on either of their undercards separately but to appear under both on the same night is a dream."

© BBC MMIV

join