It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: McCullough's ring comeback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
(BBC Sports) - Belfast's Wayne McCullough is targeting a ring comeback next month.

The former WBC super-bantamweight champion is confident of getting on the supporting bill to Audley Harrison's next contest on 19 June.

It would be the 33-year-old McCullough's first fight after a crushing loss to WBO featherweight champions Scott Harrison in March 2003.

''I expect it to be a 10-rounder and it will be great just to be able to get fighting again,'' said McCullough.

Following his defeat by Harrison there were numerous retirement rumours emanating from the those close to the Belfast-born fighter.

Following that loss, it was felt he would not be able to rebuild a career that brought him 26 wins in 30 contests, including the WBC bantamweight belt.

But it appears that 12 months later, the ''Pocket Rocket'' is refusing to lie down.

''It seems that everybody just remembers your last fight, but I know that I have a lot left in me," said McCullough.

''I want to get going again, to be fighting regularly - maybe four or five fights and then a title fight next year.''

© BBC MMIV

TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm surprised he is making a comeback. He was a decent fighter but i thought he had given up the game for good.

join