It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Garcia takes the lead from Woods

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Spain's Sergio Garcia moved into a two stroke lead of the Byron Nelson Championship in Texas after a scintillating third round. Garcia, who has not won on the US Tour for two years, hit every green for his five-under par 65 as overnight leader Tiger Woods could only manage par.

Garcia took advantage of benign conditions, hitting every green to card a five-under-par 65 at the Four Seasons TPC.The Spaniard is at 11 under on 199 after 54 holes two strokes clear of Jerry Kelly who carded a 67.Woods the second round leader endured another poor day with his driver, battling to a 70 that left him tied for third with Deane Pappas (66) three shots off the pace.It is the second straight week that Woods has been the halfway leader, but has fallen off the pace in the third round.Last week at the Wachovia Championship, he fought back on Sunday to finish one shot outside of the play-off.Garcia's round marked an impressive resurgence for the Spaniard, who spent much of last year revamping his swing.He carded six birdies and just one bogey on the fourth hole after three putting from 31 feet.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I remember when this guy started, he was (supposedly) gonna be Tiger's biggest competition. Has he ever even won a tournament? What happened to his game?

TRD

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yea a few years ago he was being touted as the next Sevvy but his putting was useless and he never really got going. I see he play a few times and he would be up there but he would drop off in the last round.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yea a few years ago he was being touted as the next Sevvy but his putting was useless and he never really got going. I see he play a few times and he would be up there but he would drop off in the last round.

Looks like he kept it together for this one

new topics

top topics

join