It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Manchester United interested in Gerrard

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
With the season drawing to a close the rumours of transfer dealing will happen all summer. The first one to hit the news is Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he would love to sign Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard as Roy Keane's long-term replacement at Manchester United.

The Old Trafford boss admits it would be a complicated transfer but insists he would prefer to have Gerrard over Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira.But the Scot said any team in the world would like to have Gerrard in their team. "To me, Gerrard is Keane. He is where Keane was when Roy came to us in 1993. Everywhere the ball is, he is there." "He's got that unbelievable engine, desire, determination. Anyone would take Gerrard," he said. "Vieira has done that job for Arsenal for two or three years. But you can see Gerrard rising and rising." It would be a massive blow to Liverpool if they was to lose Gerrard and they would find it hard to replace the England ace.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
chelsea are also reportedly interested in signing gerrard for a price of around £20-30m. another central midfielder: just what chelsea need.

i dont think he'll leave, but if he does i wont really mind because we've got joey 'better than maradona' barton coming in.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well all the speculation and rumors will start flying now but i don't think he wants to go does he? Would you want to go to Chelski with all the midfielders their aleady?

join