It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Haye steps up in class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
BBC Sports
British cruiserweight prospect David Haye will face former world champion Arthur Williams at Reading's Rivermead Leisure Centre on Wednesday.

It is a big leap in class for the 23-year-old Haye in what will be only his 10th professional fight.

Williams (38-10-1) is a former IBF champion who has lost split decisions to current holder Kelvin Davis and IBF heavyweight king Chris Byrd.

"I want to be the best so I have to beat the best," said Haye.

"You should demand these type of fights. Beating opponents like this will get me ranked high in the world."

The English champion recently signed with the Fight Academy stable and has instructed his new promoters to move him along quickly.

"I'm not interested in Mickey Mouse fights - I want proper titles, and proper opponents and that's what I've got next week," said Haye.

The 2000 World Amateur Championships silver medallist stopped Zimbabwe's Hastings Rasani in the first round in his last outing in March.

On the same card, Esham Pickering fights Juan Garcia Martin at super bantamweight, while Peter Oboh and Andrew Lowe contest the British light heavyweight title.

© BBC MMIV

TRD

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have seen Haye fight alot and he is a great prospect. I can see him winning this fight no prob. He is right take the fights that count don't fight bums!!

new topics

join