It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Williams slams Harrison win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
BBC Sports
Ex-British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Danny Williams has accused Audley Harrison of "powder-puff" punching against Julius Francis.

Harrison, the Olympic gold medallist, claimed a lacklustre points win over Francis, 39, in the first defence of his WBF heavyweight title on Saturday.

Williams said: "I've said it before, he can't punch - he's a powder-puff.

"He couldn't knock out a 39-year-old who has seen better days, who I stopped nearly three years ago in four rounds."

Williams added: "You could see Harrison was scared to go 12 rounds for the first time in his life and was questioning his own stamina.

"If Harrison was going anywhere in his career he would have knocked out Francis, but he just hasn't got the power to do it and never will have."

© BBC MMIV

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Williams is just jealous that his career has faltered badly the mug! I thought Audley boxed well and the intent was to go the distance and when he did step it up in the last round he still looked fresh and knocked down Francis with ease. It was a good learning curve for him as he has not gone the distance and i'm sure he learnt alot from it. Williams needs to shut his fat mouth and get back to being a whipping boy!

TRD

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well i have to say i think Audley is better that Williams. I don't think they will fight yet but i think Audley will take him on and batter him somewhere down the line.

join