It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Lightning win again to knock off the Habs

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
For the first time in there franchise history the Tampa Bay Lightining will be going to the East Conference finals. The Lightning paved the way to the finals by beating on the Montreal Canandiens, sweeping the series 4 games to none.

Brad Richards scored his second straight game winning goal in the second period to beat the Montreal Canadiens 3-1. Tampa had handed the Canadiens their first series sweep since buffalo did it in the second round in the year of 1988.

In my opinion the MVP for the Ligthning is Nikolai Khabibulin who has stopped 27 shots in the game 4 win, allowing only Niklas Sundstrom's goal 5:46 in, Khabibulin who has allowed nine goals in nine games, leads the NHL goalies with four shutouts and a 099 goals-agaisnt-average int he playoffs.

The question now, can somebody solve this team and who? Can the flyers over power them or will Tampa Bay just out skate them? Can the Leafs play solid D and the presence of their offense beat the Lightining or will Khabibulin just keep his hot streak going. All these questions will be answered in the Eastern Conference Finals

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
is it just me or does tampa bay lightening in the NHL finals sounds strange? I never would expect the lightening and the NHL finals to be in the same sentence

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I agree, I never thought TB would be any good, ever. But the role players are stepping up and they have on hell of a goalie.

Oh yeah, you cannot forget St Louis (sehn lu-EE)!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
is it just me or does tampa bay lightening in the NHL finals sounds strange? I never would expect the lightening and the NHL finals to be in the same sentence

LOL.....No you are not alone. I have a hardtime believing Tampa has a hockey team,let alone in the conferance finals.
(scratching head wondering how that happened.
)

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is weird you hear ligthning and you think bad, but its just the opposite they are one of the best teams in the league. They won the east in points during the regular season. And the pair of candians leading that team is jsut great

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ive always thought Vincent Lecavalier was gonna become an unbelievable player, and it looks like hes on his way

new topics

top topics

join