It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Air Force vs. US Airforce

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   

what do you guys think.....who would win this one?

or would there even be a winner.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think the u.s. air force, they have more planes, better quality planes, and have the world's only stealth fighters and bombers.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The US also takes the time to train it's pilots. Russia's training...well, isn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

what do you guys think.....who would win this one?

or would there even be a winner.

Are you trying to open a new can of worms???

Best becareful with it cause my thread got LOCKED!

I will try and sit on the stide lines on this one.!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I believe if Russia was in better economic shape right now, they'd give the US some serious competition in terms of number of aircraft and quality.

My dad was a pilot in training in Russia and I don't know the exact details, but his training was HELL! I'll find out some more info and post it here.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Russians have stealth....they simply don't advertise it... However, it's not quite as advanced as current US stealth. The Russians (like us), also have means to detect some stealth.

The biggest problem for Russia isn't training (their pilots are well trained), or even tech level. It's the fact that the majority of their air force is much older planes, and they haven't replaced the avionics in them (unlike the US, which may have many older planes, but modern avionics). Russia has less of their most advanced air superiority fighters, and this is why eventually, they'd lose out... But, there would be massive loss of lives and aircraft on both sides...so if winning is having a small fleet of planes left, then yes, I suppose the US would win....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
no contest u.s. would win. but i belive that we would take major losses before we won

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tealc
no contest u.s. would win. but i belive that we would take major losses before we won

the U.S.S.R has far more than you can possibly imagine...the fact is, they might lose out with the avionics, the americans might win a battle...but are likely to lose the war.

compare your best 4x4 (the HUMV2) with russia's 1980-made UAZ...

send all your tanks, versus all the U.S.S.R's mammoth tank fleet

na-ah...you'd lose people, you'd lose

another thing, the U.S.S.R has an EMP wave that can be triggered every 3 seconds...it covers moscow and 60 kilometres around moscow (moscow being the point of the radius).
an EMP blast, will render your "fleet" useless

Cyrus

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The Russians have stealth....they simply don't advertise it... However, it's not quite as advanced as current US stealth. The Russians (like us), also have means to detect some stealth.

Now, I remember russia has that plane that sends out plasma for stealth. Damn Popular Mechanics, I don't trust them anymore.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Originally posted by tealc

the U.S.S.R has far more than you can possibly imagine...the fact is, they might lose out with the avionics, the americans might win a battle...but are likely to lose the war.

compare your best 4x4 (the HUMV2) with russia's 1980-made UAZ...

send all your tanks, versus all the U.S.S.R's mammoth tank fleet

na-ah...you'd lose people, you'd lose

another thing, the U.S.S.R has an EMP wave that can be triggered every 3 seconds...it covers moscow and 60 kilometres around moscow (moscow being the point of the radius).
an EMP blast, will render your "fleet" useless

Cyrus

Yeah, but the US has the Deathstar and it is fully operational.
Where did you get this EMP crap from?

And this is an Air Force vs Airforce discussion, keep your tanks out of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That's an Oxymoron!

The Su-37 and Mig 29 ARE outstanding aircraft but they were built to counter stealth tech. (The emphasis on heat seeking weapons and detection systems)

The US Air Force is Currently Vastly Superior to the Russian Air force but only because the Russians lack the fund to maintain and train not because the quality of there pilots or aircraft are substandard.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The only good Death plane......

...is a smashed one

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The US Navy has more planes then the Air Force, and this link shows it. Maybe the Navy should take over for the Air Force?

www.defenselink.mil/pubs/almanac/almanac/forces/aircraft.html

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Brende]

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Brende]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Stealth tech does NOT always work!

Look at Yugaslaviy(spelling)

2 B2s were shot down!

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Russian]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would give the advantage to the Americans for one reason, I believe their technology is more bullet proof, eg. reliable and durable.

What I don't get is what are the Russians fighting for?

World domination?

Oh right, they take over the world and then the whole world is a disaster right?

What purpose is there in that?

Only Satan could dream up a plan like that IMHO.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I would give the advantage to the Americans for one reason, I believe their technology is more bullet proof, eg. reliable and durable.

What I don't get is what are the Russians fighting for?

World domination?

Oh right, they take over the world and then the whole world is a disaster right?

What purpose is there in that?

Only Satan could dream up a plan like that IMHO.

please dont make me bust ok my guns!!!

no politics please.

and Russia is NOT tring to take over the world!

it was long time ago.

and at that time it was a fight between COMMUNISM and DEMOCRACY!!!

and both tryed to take OVER the WORLD!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Russian,

I'm not attacking you my friend.

My point is this,

why is the US and Russia usually challenging each other?

Maybe someone else is making this happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Russian,

I'm not attacking you my friend.

My point is this,

why is the US and Russia usually challenging each other?

Maybe someone else is making this happen.

it comes from the roots that both countries want alot of power and both are strong enough to destroy each other

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The US air force is unmatched. While russians do have good migs they just don't have the money to keep them updated.

Plus we all know those Russian's will be drunk on their Vodka and screw up as they always do!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Russian,

you made a good argument but I am not convinced that the US wants power despite what many believe.

the US wants a world where it can better achieve its objectives.

power or pure power anyways is somewhat different.

mind you the best way to control someone is to convince them that it is in their best interests to do what you want and then when they do it they agree that it was a good thing to do.

Russia on the other hand just wants to control and they don't care whether most of the people are happy or satisfied.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join