It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Vitali Klitschko wants Lewis

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Vitali Klitschko wasted no time in urging former world heavweight champion Lennox Lewis out of retirement after claiming the WBC crown he vacated. Klitschko, controversially beaten by Lewis last year, demanded a rematch after stopping Corrie Sanders in eight rounds at Los Angeles' Staples Centre.

"I hope Lennox Lewis makes a comeback," he said. "In this same arena 10 months ago Lennox promised me a rematch. "I know he is a gentleman and everybody wants to see a second fight."

Klitschko admitted his victory was the fulfilment of a dream. He took so many punches, it was unbelievable Vitali Klitschko on Sanders "I want to thank everybody who supported me and believed in me," he said. "I have my title, I have my dream and I am proud to be world champion."

The victory also provided a measure vindication for Vitali Klitschko, who lost to then-champion Lennox Lewis in the same ring last year.

Sanders left the ring without comment, and was taken to hospital for treatment to an injury to his left ear. "He was exhausted, he was tired," said his manager, Vernon Smith. "He did not disagree with the referee's decision to stop the fight. His biggest regret is he couldn't land his left better."

join