It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

site r, pa: still active?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
site r

anyone know about site r. from what i know, it is/used to be a backup pentagon, one of several, for times of war. it's located in the southern pennsylvanian appalation mts. (really IN them). most of what i know of them is hearsay, but the fact it exists is hearsay from good sources. just wanted to doublecheck my facts and see if anyone knows if it's still up and running.
thanx for any info

i realize i posted this elsewhere, just trying to get some more info

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
im originally from pa..and i can vaguley remember hearing about it when i was growing up..but i dont have ne facts or links to support this..i would also like to know more about it

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
facts are one relative and one friend that worked "in the mountain" and others talking about it. but i can't remember if it was one of the 2 good sorces that told me it was a backup pentagon or if that was hearsay from elsewhere.[/blue]

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by harbaughisback]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Raven Rock Photos It is still active as far as I know. Check out the photos.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
wow, that's awsome stuff. glad to hear it's still a nice little hideout for our nations leaders (or at least a decoy for you conspiracy therorist
) that's a great link! thx alot
i actually grew up in waynesboro, pa and did hear pleanty about it, it running all the way to camp david and some other place, i can't remember. that it was an upside down city, complete with "(earth) core scrapers." after looking through some of ur links, i'm feeling pretty confident that just about everything i've heard about it is true. where are other sites like this?

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by harbaughisback]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
See also....Mount Weather....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
nice find Martinez

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A few more photos!Here is a few more photos of raven rock with some satelite shots, front gate etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
from the warning sign, I doubt they do much partying there

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
WAYNESBORO, Pa. -- Three hours after Osama bin Laden turned the Pentagon into a broken rectangle, five helicopters touched down a few hundred yards from Hal Neill's house at the base of Raven Rock Mountain along the Pennsylvania-Maryland border.

Within minutes, a convoy of SUVs with black-tinted windows zoomed up Harbaugh Valley Road, turned left, and deposited the weight of the free world inside Site R, the inexplicably named city-in-a-mountain from which the Pentagon has operated and, from all indications Vice President Dick Cheney has directed his office in the days since the Sept. 11 attacks.

Site R, with its six-stories of underground offices, subterranean water reservoir, and banks of mysterious antennas, dishes and massive, steel doors, has been a designated backup command center since it was hewn out of the mountain in 1951.

www.post-gazette.com...

new topics

top topics

join