It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Patriots acquire controversial Bengals RB Dillon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The Patriots worked out a deal with the Bengals to aquire RB Corey Dillon in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

www.sportsline.com...
"I think everybody pretty much broke even," Dillon said. "We're talking about the New England Patriots. They're the defending Super Bowl champs. They got exactly what they wanted. I guess Cincinnati got exactly what they wanted. Corey Dillon got exactly what he wanted. I'm happy. It's a good deal all around, I think."
This was a great trade for all invloved. It makes the Patriots the immediate favorites for a repeat championship. And it gives the Bengals a chance to get young talent. I beleive I heard on ESPN that they have 5 of the top 96 picks in the draft. That's a lot of bargaining chips!

[Edited on 4/19/2004 by Ben]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow, just what the Pats needed. I would say this makes them the early pre-season favorite to win it again. With an above average passing game and an excellent defense, they're sure to have another good season. They better give Dillon the ball alot, he tends to get cranky but Belichick wont take his $hit.

new topics

join