It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: David Beckham exit , Chelsea on alert

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Spanish entrepreneur Enrique Sobrino will sell David Beckham if he becomes president of Real Madrid this summer. Sobrino, aiming to oust Florentino Perez in the elections, was reported as saying "Beckham has to change. I would listen to offers for him."

When Barcelona president Joan Laporta was bidding to take over at the Spanish club a year ago he tried to use Beckham, then at Old Trafford, as bait to win votes.United subsequently agreed a fee with Barca for Beckham but the player chose Real instead.If Beckham were to leave Real he could finish up at Chelsea, owned by Russian oil billionaire Roman Abramovich.Sobrino, talking of his bid for power at Real, said: "The option we have of presenting ourselves at the election is getting more solid every day, independent of the results at the end of the season."Sobrino would hope to tempt Ronaldinho to Madrid and his election would spell bad news for some of Madrid's 'galacticos', including Beckham.Beckham has excelled for the Spanish giants, even though they have endured a troubled season, departing the Champions League at the quarter-final stage and suffering some disastrous results in La Liga. The Champions League exit, at the hands of Monaco, meant Real have only paid United 20m of the agreed fee, because 5m was dependent on them progressing to the semi-finals of Europe's biggest club competition. That extra 5m would be payable next year if Madrid reach the last four, but by then Beckham could be back in his native city of London.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
is bekham all this good? all i hear is that he has a beautiful wife and numerous affairs....how is he as a soccer player?

TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Quality,one of Englands finest and he grew up just round the corner to where i live.If you take a look in the news forum i did his profile!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well he is a very good player but what with all the stuff about his affairs with other women it's going to be hard for him to get a move,i wouldn't be surprised though if Chelsea go in for him..

new topics

join