It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: A-Rod fails to shine

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
There's not an answer anywhere on the New York Yankees right now. The starting pitching, with the exception of Kevin Brown, is lost. The hitters, from top to bottom, are clueless. The defense is just bad. And still, after another loss, there is only one question: What about A-Rod?

This is what Alex Rodriguez wanted, the biggest stage on the biggest team with the biggest payroll in the biggest city with the biggest media corps and the biggest fan base. He was going to stride on that stage, hog the spotlight, steal the show, get rave reviews every day in all the papers.And so far, after a 5-2 loss to the Red Sox on Saturday, he hasn't done it. So what about him? It doesn't seem to make any difference that all the Yankees are pressing, trying so hard, as Torre said after a second successive day spent inflicting unspeakable joy on Boston fans, We're squeezing sawdust out of the ends of the bats. Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, Joe. We know that. But what about A-Rod?

News Source

MSNBC

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately, they will probably get it all together by th eend of the season, we (Yankees haters) can only hope that they lose enough before then to eliminate them from playoff contention...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i have him on 2 of my fantasy teams, if he doesn't start to produce i will have to bench him..LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sorry you wasted your picks on him...

Trade him quick before he loses value!

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wouldnt trade A rod its still early in the season, what is there 182 games and what have they played 10

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A-rod isn't doing that great is he,i wonder why it is.I guess the whole Yankee's team sux's at the moment.I hope they keep it up..

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
A-rod isn't doing that great is he,i wonder why it is.I guess the whole Yankee's team sux's at the moment.I hope they keep it up..

Yeah speed, you gotta feel bad for these guys, huh?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
he'll be fine, but I still think the Yankee's pitching is gonna be creaky by the end of the season. Except for Paul Quantrill. Can't believe the Dodgers let that guy go, he's an ironman >_

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
at least he was able to get a hit during the Red Sox series

top topics

join