It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: Venus in the final of the Family Circle Cup

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Venus Williams marched into her first final since last year's Wimbledon with a 6-4 6-1 win over Jelena Kostanic at the Family Circle Cup.

Williams committed a string of errors in the first set but just edged it. Kostanic left the court for treatment on a thigh injury and she never threatened again as Williams cruised through the second.Williams will play Conchita Martinez in Sunday's final after the Spaniard beat Patty Schnyder in straight sets.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'd like to root for them, but I hear way too much about the Williams sisters. Of course, you almost have to feel sorry for Venus, xince her sis has taken all th eglory the last couple of years.

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well they have dropped off the top slot's in recent time's.Althouigh they have had a few injury's i think the other women are just as good now and the William sister's have lost there edge thank god!!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yeah, it always sucks when there is just 1 or 2 dominate players, makes it not as fun to follow.

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yep well last year was good,alot of different women won for a change and Serena lost the number one spot so it was a good year for womens tennis.

top topics

join