It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: Goran Ivanisevic want's Wimbledon glory

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Goran Ivanisevic has accepted a wildcard for the Stella Artois Championships as he sets his sights on playing at Wimbledon again.He hopes to prove his fitness in the Stella Artois after being plagued by persistent shoulder problems since winning the 2001 Wimbledon crown.

Ivanisevic, a Stella Artois finalist in 1997, played in the tournament last year but was knocked out in the first round by Jan Vacek and his injured left shoulder forced him to miss Wimbledon.But he is convinced it will be a different story this year. Ivanisevic has played at the Stella Artois event 11 times but only reached the final once, in 1997, when he lost to Mark Philippoussis in straight sets.The Croatian , is one of several big names who will be in action from 7-13 June.Defending champion Andy Roddick, three-time winner Lleyton Hewitt, Mark Philippoussis and Britain's Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski will also feature.

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wanna see vintage Goran he was on fire that year he won it, and if he can get back into gear its going to be a great tourney

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
goran is my favorite non american player by far. When he was on fire in 01 he was hillarious to watch cuz of his antics yet i was in awe of some of the serves and shots he was able to produce

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
how is his progress doing with his arm as of now

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
im not sure i havent heard any recent updates

new topics

top topics

join