It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Naseem Hamed to fight again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Naseem Hamed will end a two-year exile from the ring and fight again this summer.
Hamed, 30, last fought in May 2002 when he attracted a crowd of 12,000 for a dull fight against Spain's Manuel Calvo, and all plans to fight in November of that year were postponed when he was booed from the ring.

The Sheffield fighter has instructed his advisors to put together a camp in May with specific requirements for sparring partners that will help the former featherweight World Champion to prepare fully for a return in July or August.

It was 10 years ago this Friday that Hamed first fought in a main event on ITV, attracting an audience of over six million. He lost his unbeaten record in 2001 to Mexico's Marco Antonio Barrera in Las Vegas, and has made £35m from his 37 fights.

Click here for the rest: Boxing: Hamed to fight again after absence of two years

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This will be interesting to see if he really does fight again.He was due to fight last november but it never happened.I think he never fulfilled his promise and stopped fighting too early.I wonder if he still do all his showboating?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This will be good,i used to like watching him do his antics in the ring.It made it more enjoyable to watch lol!

TRD

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Promoter Barry Hearn says he is not convinced by reports former world featherweight champion Prince Naseem Hamed may end his two-year ring exile.It had been claimed Hamed could meet the winner of Saturday's bout between Injin Chin and Michael Brodie.

new topics

top topics

join