It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Carolina BBQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Since moving down here, I've gotten addicted to pulled-pork BBQ. The stuff is just godly.
Since I don't have a smoker to make the "real" stuff, I improvised. Damned if I didn't fool more than one native Carolinian with it!
I proudly present....

Crockpot BBQ

8-10lb pork shoulder roast
2 bottles of liquid smoke
salt & pepper
vinegar

Take the pork roast and cram it into your crockpot.
Stab the hell out of it with a fork. Really go nuts...take out some aggression.
Grind a bunch of black pepper over top. If you use the pre-ground stuff, you're a heathen....but that'll work too. Put some salt on, too. Use a little more of both than you'd normally use - this cooks for a long time.
Dump ONE of the bottles of liquid smoke over top. You may need to squish the roast around a little so the liquid smoke gets underneath.
Pour a little vinegar on, maybe 1/4 cup. Balsamic is best, but use what you want.
Plug in the crockpot, set it on low, and let it cook either overnight, or all day while you're at work. You'll know it's done when the bone slides out of the roast easily.
After 8-ish hours, carefully put the crockpot in the fridge to cool a bit.
Heat your oven to 300 degrees and get a shallow roasting pan ready.
When the meat is cooled enough to handle with your hands, start tearing chunks off and putting it all in the roasting pan. Further shred the chunks down until it all looks like a bunch of...well, meat shreds.
Pour 3/4 of the other bottle of liquid smoke on the shreds. Salt & pepper. A touch more vinegar.
Put in the oven for a little while, until the top of the meat starts to dry out just a little bit.

Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce on the side.
Prepare to stuff yourself.

-B.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pulled pork is the #!

join