It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Mosley fires dad, seeks new trainer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Mosley fires dad, seeks new trainer
After a one-sided loss to Winky Wright and only one disputed victory to show for his last five fights, former world champion Shane Mosley has fired his father as his trainer.

The 32-year-old Mosley, who held world titles at lightweight, welterweight and super welterweight, announced Monday he was parting ways with his father, Jack Mosley, who trained him from the start of his amateur career as an 8-year-old.

Mosley has not hired a new trainer. He lost to Wright on March 13 as a 3-1 favorite at Mandalay Bay, after which Jack Mosley came under heavy criticism for his performance in his son's corner, seemingly offering contradictory advice.

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Ocelot]

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That's a bit harsh but i guess it he had his reason's..What he needs to do now is to get a top class trainer to hone his skill's.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Jack Mosley lasted longer than most of us. His son was 32 years old before Dad ceased to be cool.

Officially, it happened yesterday. In the wake of his bewildering loss to Winky Wright, "Sugar" Shane Mosley announced that he has fired his father and begun the search for a new trainer. The former 154-pound champion has turned the old goat into a scapegoat.

"I am going to miss working with my father," Mosley said in a statement. "Together, we scaled many mountains, and I would never have had the success I have had if he had not been there to guide and teach me every step of the way . . .

"However, the time has come for my father and I to sever our professional relationship so that I can try some new avenues designed to give my fans the Sugar Shane Mosley they deserve."

Isn't that the way it always works? A man devotes his life to nurturing his offspring only to wake up one morning and learn that he's no longer needed.

www.signonsandiego.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
That's a bit harsh but i guess it he had his reason's..What he needs to do now is to get a top class trainer to hone his skill's.

He should have fired his father a helluva long time ago. Good for Shane.

Sir

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Working with family is alway's a bad thing,it causes so many row's lol! I guess it was a right move,now he need's to put the loss behind him and get his career back on track.

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I hear ya Sir,working with family is definatly no good,i did it once and it was hell lol!

I wonder who he will get in to train him? Or will he go it on his own?

top topics

join