It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Biggest paycheck for Manny Pacquiao

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ABS-CBNNEWS
As Manny Pacquiao, the new brown hope of boxing (if we are to hear out the hyperbole oozing from the lips of oleaginous US boxing promoter Murad Muhammad in Manila last week), flew out to Los Angeles to start getting serious about his upcoming world championship bout in Las Vegas, all the talk was of the mega-bucks (peso-denominated, that is) that awaited him at the end of the pugilistic rainbow.

But according to the breathless whisperings in informed cafe society, Pacquiao allegedly collected what could well shape up to be the biggest paycheck of his life just a day or two before boarding an LA flight when he taped a TV political ad endorsing the presidential candidate of the political party whose campaign treasure trove is handled by Croesus -- as opposed to the opposing lot who are cursed to have Scrooge handling their campaign finances.

Though we don’t believe even a king’s ransom, however handy, will really compensate Pacquiao for the devastating experience of his trusted and shrewd manager Rod Nazario, who has guided his career with consummate skill. To recall, Nazario’s wife, San­ diganbayan Presiding Justice Minita Chico Nazario, was appointed to the Supreme Court a few weeks ago only to see the appointment paper plucked away from under her eyes even as she was on the way to Padre Faure and her appointment with destiny.

Meanwhile, Pacquiao’s camp should be wary of the oily machinations of Muhammad when it comes to the Filipino champ because his language both verbally and bodily, sometimes makes that self-confessed boxing huckster Don King appear like a choir boy.

When a guy goes around town saying that Pacquiao is “the greatest boxer that came along since Muhammad Ali,” you instantly know where he’s coming from -- but more importantly where he is panting to head for (the nearest bank, that’s where).

This guy Muhammad -- at least on his Manila showing last week -- appears too smooth for comfort. And now that he seems to have managed to get both feet inside the Pacquiao camp we bet that it will be he who will end up with the big bucks in Las Vegas -- and dollar-denominated to boot.

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hey i havn't heard of him before?

Who is he fighting and what weight? You got any info on him?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Hey i havn't heard of him before?

Who is he fighting and what weight? You got any info on him?

Dude u havent heard of Manny!! He KO's Barrera!! I did a report on that fight. Hold on lemme find the link.

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ohhhh ok,his name just doesn't ring a bell...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Ohhhh ok,his name just doesn't ring a bell...

That's weird I cant seem to find the link of the report I did for that fight. Its gone!! WTF!!

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You checked the boxing and newz forum's?

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
You checked the boxing and newz forum's?

yeah I even did a search!! Its not there!! GODDA***T!!!

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey you editted my post lol!

Thats strange it's not there..

Guess i will have to look him up then..

top topics

join