It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: AUTO: NASCAR's wildest crashes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How many of you watch auto racing just for the wrecks? I know I do. Its amazing to me to see a car tumble down the straight and then the driver walk away. Most do, but there are some that have their life taken away. Besides the wrecks, I actually enjoy the super speedways. So here we go, the wildest crashes from NASCAR.

FOXSports.com
A collection of 16 of the wildest crashes in NASCAR. Cars flying, tumbling, you name it.

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Whoah this is a great pic and thats awesome....

Carl Long's car goes airborne after a crash on the backstretch during the Subway 400.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Only reason to watch NASCAR is for the car wrecks. I mean who wants to watch a bunch of jackasses go round and round in a circle for a couple of hours. Its boring. The crashes make it fun!

Ben

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The crashes are by far one of the best parts, if you arnt that interested in NASCAR

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I love the crashes in any motor sport..

This was a good one aswell...

Ben

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
o that car is totaled

Ben

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Only reason to watch NASCAR is for the car wrecks. I mean who wants to watch a bunch of jackasses go round and round in a circle for a couple of hours. Its boring. The crashes make it fun!

Kinda like watching Football,..a bunch of 'educated' lugheads banging skulls so they can carry the little ball, over there.

One of the best crashes I remember is when Ricky Craven climbed the fence at Talladega. He was in the air so long 5 cars drove under him before he landed.

And More !!

This one of DW was horrendous.
They even brought the tarp out, thinking DW was dead.

Look at his hand hanging out the roof.

Ben

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
HAHA smirkley we posted teh same pic

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Whoah!!!

Smirkley that first pic you posted is awesome,thats a bad stack up lol!!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
HAHA smirkley we posted teh same pic

lol...and at the exact same time....too weird !

Ben

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ah but i did get up first

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

One of the best crashes I remember is when Ricky Craven climbed the fence at Talladega. He was in the air so long 5 cars drove under him before he landed.

i was at this race, it was my first Nascar race ever. the dang thing was red flagged for about 3 hours while they put the catchfence back together.

i don't watch nascar for the wrecks, i know i'm one of the few who would rather see a caution free race with lots of green flag pitstops, than a race where every other car was flying through the air. there's just something kind of twisted about getting excited when someone is in an accident at 150mph plus. i used to watch for the crashes but now i appreciate what goes into building a car that can pull 9000+ rpm for 500 miles, and the strategy that goes into getting around the track without wrecking.

Sir

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Aegis i bet that was scary seeing that,did it happen near you?

Some great pic's there,anyone got any others of crashes?

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I found a couple of pics of crashes...

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
Aegis i bet that was scary seeing that,did it happen near you?

Some great pic's there,anyone got any others of crashes?

no i was sitting on the back stretch by turn 3. but we could see the whole thing vividley. on a side note, if you ever go to talladega or daytona, don't sit on the back stretch, even though the tickets are 30 bucks, pony up the cash for 150 dollar tickets they're worth it. when you sit on the back stretch all you can see is the cars right in front of you, going 200 mph. and you really can't see much of that.

new topics

top topics

join