It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Eustachy grateful for second chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Larry Eustachy went from leading a highly touted Big 12 Iowa State team to jobless. Eustachy was forced to resign from Iowa State 10 months ago due to photos that were distributed where he was at a party with students while on the road. Things are starting to look up for Eustachy, and a return to Mississippi. The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles introduced Eustachy as their coach to try and bring them up from the bottom of the Conference USA standings.

Associated Press FOXSports.com
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) -- Contrite and thankful for another chance, Larry Eustachy returned to coaching with Southern Mississippi.

Eustachy was introduced as Golden Eagles coach Thursday, 10 months after his embarrassing resignation at Iowa State.

"Sometimes until you totally bottom out, you don't really see what's going on in your life," Eustachy said during a news conference. "I hit rock bottom with nobody to blame but myself. You can go one way or another ... I am a recovering alcoholic and it's constant maintenance, it's constant work. But where I find myself now, I've never felt better."

Comments:
Its nice to see someone getting a second chance. I just hope that he has learned from his mistakes and is getting counciling. Though it will still be hard when on the road not to fall back into old habits.

I wish nothing but the best for you Larry.

join