It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Woods in danger of missing TPC cut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The once unbeatable Tiger Woods is in the worst funk of his Pro career. Tiger currently holds a record in making 119 consecutive cuts. That streak might be over. As he continues to struggle, the frustration becomes more and more evident in his actions. Currently he is 10 strokes back from the lead after shooting a 3 over par 75 through the first 18. Tiger just is not the dominating force that he once was. Is it equipment or attitude?

Associated Press FOXSports.com
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Tiger Woods followed the flight of his ball as it descended toward the flag on the island-green 17th, anxious to see how his best swing of the day would turn out.

Splash!

In such a funk that even his good shots turn out bad, Woods' struggles continued Thursday in The Players Championship. He opened with a 3-over 75 that left him 10 shots out of the lead and in jeopardy of missing the cut for the first time in six years.

Comments:
As much as I liked to watch Tiger clobber the field, I still wanted there to be some challenge. But this is no where near what I thought should happen. Tiger just can't bring it all together. If he gets to the green under regulation, he 3 puts. If he needs to sink a long put to par a hole, he 2 puts.

Its sad to see any player fall off the top like this. I hope he figures out what is wrong and starts vying for wins again, instead of just making the cut.

TRD

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is the second time now,he flopped the other day in a tourney aswell..

Is this the downward spiral,it happens to alot of sports star's,some manage to get it back some don't.

Ben

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hopefully he can get back on track with his army training that will help him better pyshically and metnally.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is it just me or does every golfer have trouble with the 17 hole.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Looks like Tiger has kept his streak alive. Up to 120 consecutive cuts now. He is Even and 9 back from the lead. In the beginning of his career, he was in range. I do not know about now though. Too many problems as of late.

Ben

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
that si good, that must have been some hella of a comeback

new topics

top topics

join