It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Tiger Woods on the downslide?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Not only did he not win it, but Tiger Woods also suffered his worst finish in five years when he tied for 46th at the PGA Bay Hill Invitational.A week that began with Woods trying to become the first player to win the same PGA Tour event five consecutive times ended with a whimper as he carded a mediocre one-over 73 in ideal conditions.

It was his worst result since sharing 56th in this event in 1999, the year before he started his four-year winning streak. And it is a poor omen, coming a week before the Players Championship and three weeks before the Masters.He recorded three consecutive rounds over par for the first time in a non-Major tournament. After opening with a 67 on Thursday, he went 74-74-73, making just five birdies over the last 54 holes for a 72-hole total of par 288.

Related Story's

ABC Australia

Mercury News

Reuters

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
well maybe he is just fretting about his army enlistment... that sure would throw me off at work

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
what is throwing him off is his fiance, what a babe, she throws me off my game too!!!!!

Ben

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i didnt know he was married or oging to be married.

But every player has their rough pacthes he is a great golfer and should be one his game in no time.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
yep, some swedish supermodel, gotta be the money, what else does he have that i don't????????

TRD

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Tiger Woods has shrugged off doubts about his form going into the Players Championship in Florida.The world number one finished outside the top 40 for the first time since 1999 at the Bay Hill International. But Woods said: "That was the first time I finished out of the top 10 this year. Going into that tournament, no other player could say that. "Everyone has their hot streaks and lows. There wasn't much mention that Ernie Els missed the cut. "I just did not perform at a high level for all four days. Hopefully it won't happen again, but I guarantee it will."

new topics

top topics

join