It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Harrison KO Takes Him Step Nearer Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sunday Mail, Glasgow (UK) - March 21, 2004
THE dream of following in Lennox Lewis' footseps is still alive for Audley Harrison who won the WBF world heavyweight title at Wembley last night after knocking out challenger Richel Hersisia in the fourth round.

And the former world No.1, who was at ringside, believes Harrison has what it takes to wear his mantle after watching him take his Dutch opponent apart.

The Sydney Olympic gold medallist unleashed a barrage of blows two minutes into the fourth.

Hersisia, whose left eye had been cut in the previous round, had no response and failed to make the count after a superb right uppercut sent him crashing to the canvas Cocky Harrison crowed: 'Audley Harrison rolls on.

'This is my first title, my first belt. I am moving into the Premiership. The question is whether I can reach the top and I believe I can.

'I give that a seven or eight out of 10. I probably should have held Hersisia more with the jab early on.

'I always planned to get close to him. He caught me with a couple of jabs and I had to turn him out.

'I'll be back in the British ring in no time at all.'

And a highly impressed Lewis said: 'Audley did great. He worked it out for the first couple of rounds and once he did that he took the guy out which is what we want to see.

'The combinations he threw were unbelievable.'

WORLD champion Alex Marshall guided East Lothian into the semi- finals of bowls Scottish Cup with a 105-59 defeat of Allander. Marshall beat Gordon Cameron 34-14 and East's only loser was Willie Wood.

Marshall's men now face Edinburgh who defeated Aberdeen 86-72. In the other semi, Auchinleck tackle Midlothian.

A BATTLING display by Edinburgh's Kathy Butler steered the Great Britain women's side to a bronze medal in yesterday's IAAF World Cross-Country Championships in Brussels.

The brave Scot finished 12th despite running almost the whole 8k race with blood pouring from a leg wound after being spiked badly on the first lap.

GUEST rider Craig Boyce scored a sensational 16 points guesting for Edinburgh Monarchs who lost 50-46 at Workington Comets in speedway's Premier Trophy last night.

DUNDEE Texol Stars went down fighting at Bracknell Bees last night when they were beaten 7-3 in ice hockey's British National League play-offs.

The Tayside team battled hard despite knowing that even a win would not be good enough to take them into the semi-finals.

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have always said watch out for Audley,he is hungry and has well improved,this is the first stepping stone to get him noticed,expect him to be real busy in the next year!

Sir

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It looks like Audley is going to by pass the british fighters and go straight for the world scene.I think he has a chance now that Lennox is out of the picture.

new topics

join